There are currently a lot of platforms, more specifically, there are 35 platforms within the Top100 only and many do very similar things. How is one supposed to know how they differ? That was the question that I asked myself.
So, I decided to compare all platforms within the Top100. I noticed that they can be put into into 5 different categories. Note: A platform is a cryptocurrency that offers smart contracts at least.
- Dapps platforms - 12
- BaaS - 11
- Liquidity - 2
- Misc - 7
- Behemoths -3
Here are all platforms in an excel spread sheet in their categories with a description: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s8PHcNvvjuy848q18py_CGcu8elRGQAUIf86EYh4QZo/edit#gid=268170779
In order to find out which one is the best platform in each market currently and made sure to be strict with every platform and point out their flaws.
Let's look at the 5 markets.
1) Dapps platforms
Dapps platforms are definitely a solid bet for the next years. Besides Ethereum, Neo, EOS and Stellar are probably the most known here, however, all 4 are simply extremely centralized and would need to completely change their architecture to become more decentralized. Until that happens, none of these platform can really be considered as a platform with good technology, since everyone can achieve high scalability by letting a few hundred nodes do the consensus algorithm. There is nothing difficult about that. The difficulty is achieving several million TPS with 100,000 nodes deciding consensus.
Cardano, Aeternity are the only ones that seem to be able to maintain excellent decentralization with high scalability, because they scale through side-chains/horizontally.
All platforms considered, Ethereum seems to be on the way there as well with its change to Casper.
- Cardano has a great team, has probably the most secure PoS that was peer-reviewed in a scientific approach, has their mainnet launched, has near infinite scalability through sidechains and offers broad usability of Smart contracts in a number of programming languages.
- Ethereum is a 2nd generation blockchain that allows the use of smart contracts and dapps on a smaller scope. Ethereum currently has bad scalability, though this concern could be alleviated by the soon to be implemented Sharding concept and its new PoS/PoW consensus algorithm Casper. Still, there are platforms with much more comprehensive dapp ecosystems, and much more scalability. However, Ethereum just closed a partnership with AWS. This is probalby the biggest partnership in the cryptosphere. Though, in order to be better than any of the top 3 platforms, it would need to provide Oracles, a lot more functionality for dapps, partnerships, decentralized data storage, cloud computing.
- Neblio is similar to NEO and a good platform, though it has a much smaller market cap.
- EOS has high scalability, though is much more centralized than Skycoin, Elastos and Cardano. However, it offers a lot of functionality for Dapps. EOS is overhyped. It is on the same level as Neblio, Neo, Aeternity, but not on the same level as Skycoin, Elastos, IOTA, Cardano.
- NEO is a very established platform in this category.However, Neo dapps scale on-chain and can thus clog the network quickly. For that reason, NEO had to pick a very centralized approach to maintain scalability and it looking to rely on hand-picked nodes to maintain scalability in the future, very similar to EOS also very centralized approach of 121 handpicked nodes.
- Stellar has similar goals as Ripple, only that it is more a platform than only a currency, so it does offer more functionality. . Stellar uses Byzantine Fault Tolerance in the consensus protocol, which ensures secure consensus can be reached (moving the blockchain forward) even if a large percentage of nodes are disabled or acting dishonestly. It also helps keep nodes distributed. Stellar is a good platform with tight involvement with banks. While it doesn't have as much functionality as all above platforms, it can probably carve out its niche by doing really good business with banks.
- Aeternity: We’ve seen recently, that it’s difficult to scale the execution of smart contracts on the blockchain. Crypto Kitties is a great example. Something as simple as creating and trading unique assets on Ethereum bogged the network down when transaction volume soared. Ethereum and Zilliqa address this problem with Sharding. Aeternity focuses on increasing the scalability of smart contracts and dapps by moving smart contracts off-chain. Instead of running on the blockchain, smart contracts on Aeternity run in private state channels between the parties involved in the contracts. State channels are lines of communication between parties in a smart contract. They don’t touch the blockchain unless they need to for adjudication or transfer of value. Because they’re off-chain, state channel contracts can operate much more efficiently. They don’t need to pay the network for every time they compute and can also operate with greater privacy. An important aspect of smart contract and dapp development is access to outside data sources. This could mean checking the weather in London, score of a football game, or price of gold. Oracles provide access to data hosted outside the blockchain. In many blockchain projects, oracles represent a security risk and potential point of failure, since they tend to be singular, centralized data streams. Aeternity proposes decentralizing oracles with their oracle machine. Doing so would make outside data immutable and unchangeable once it reaches Aeternity’s blockchain. Of course, the data source could still be hacked, so Aeternity implements a prediction market where users can bet on the accuracy and honesty of incoming data from various oracles.It also uses prediction markets for various voting and verification purposes within the platform. Aeternity’s network runs on on a hybrid of proof of work and proof of stake. Founded by a long-time crypto-enthusiast and early colleague of Vitalik Buterin, Yanislav Malahov.
- IOST: To improve speed and scalability, IOStoken uses a Proof of Believability consensus mechanism eliminating the need for an energy-hungry proof-of-work protocol, which stands as a barrier to blockchain scaling up for widespread adoption. With this system, a node is validated based on its past contributions and behaviors. Moreover, to increase fairness and to most fully embrace the decentralized nature of the blockchain, IOS uses a “fairness” algorithm that randomly distributes data to various nodes. It’s intended to support service-oriented goods and services with large customer bases. Decentralized applications and smart contracts, the hallmarks of blockchain platforms, are a priority for IOS as well.
- Request Network: Req payments can be used for online purchases, business to business invoices, escrow, advanced payments and eventually IoT payments between machines. Other than payments, the Request Network is also tackling auditing and budget transparency. Businesses have the ability to track invoices to audit payments as well as record transactions for accounting purposes. Governments, nonprofits, and other organizations can also use Request to bring transparency to their budget and expenditures.
- Rchain: Similar to Ethereum with smart contracts, though much more scalable at an expected 40,000 TPS and possible 100,000 TPS. However, Rchain has not launched ye..
- Ziliqa: Zilliqa is building a new way of sharding, so that 10,000 tps are soon possible by being linearly scalable with the number of nodes. That means, the more nodes, the faster the network gets. They are looking at implementing privacy as well.Rchain is an ok platform.
- Ethereum classic is the original Ethereum that decided not to fork after a hack for philosophical reasons. The Ethereum that we know is its fork.
2) BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-Service)
BaaS take a different route to adoption than mere Dapps platforms. They are also dapp platforms, but focus on businesses (B2B) instead of end-users (B2C) within the cryptosphere. They sell their blockchain services to companies, who then can build their own customizable blockchain as a side-chain to the BaaS without hassle and worry about technology or blockchain architecture. This is all handled by the BaaS company already and the customer only needs to change a few variables and they have their own blockchain. Side-chains are interesting, because they allow virtually infinite scaling, since there can be an infinite number of side-chains that only communicate with the main-chain occasionally and handle the majority of transactions on their own chain. This is also called horizontal scaling.
The success of a BaaS platform largely depends on its ability to close partnerships to sell to large businesses and having the best usability. The more contracts they can sell to businesses and institutions, the more valuable it will be. For that reason, the BaaS with the best ability to form partnerships and do sales will win this market. Technology isn't as important here. Of course, the platform has to work without bugs, but having a platform with outstanding technology, average usability and average marketing will lose against a platform with average technology, great usability and great marketing.
- VeChain is a Singapore-based project that’s building a business enterprise platform and inventory tracking system. . While it is not really competing with the above mentioned platforms, any of them can build supply management tools into their platform and compete with VeChain. However, VeChain has very strong partnerships. This gives them some protection of any of the above mentioned entering the market. Examples are verifying genuine luxury goods and food supply chains. VeChain has one of the strongest communities in the crypto world. If you are looking for something more high risk, high return, have a look into Ambrosus and Devery(Eve). Both also seem to be good at building partnerships, which is the most important characteristic for a supply chain platform required to succeed.
- Icon is called the Korean Ethereum. However, it specializes more on building customizable blockchains for banks, insurance providers, hospitals, and universities, since it's a BaaS. Icon has a focus on on ID verification and payments. Icon is ery close behind Vechain, because with Samsung and Line.
- WTC is a supply chain management platform, similar to Vechain, however, with fewer partnerships.
- Komodo’s open-source platform is for doing transparent, anonymous, private, and fungible transactions. They are then made ultra-secure using Bitcoin’s blockchain via a Delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) protocol and decentralized crowdfunding (ICO) platform to remove middlemen from project funding. Offers services for startups to create and manage their own Blockchains. While it doesn't have as many partnerships as other BaaS, it is the only BaaS that offers privacy so far. However, that's. it such a bug competitive advantage, since it can be replicated rather swiftly.
- NEM: The NEM blockchain powers what they call the Smart Asset System. This system is intended to be an open, customizable blockchain solution for any number of use cases built on top of simple, powerful API calls. NEM started as a NXT fork and introduced a new consensus mechanism called Proof of Importance (PoI), designed to reward users’ contribution to the XEM community. It is roughly based on proof-of-stake, but it also reflects how active a user is in transacting with other users. POW rewards powerful computers and also requires excessive amounts of energy. POS gives an unfair advantage to coin hoarders. The more coins they keep in their accounts, the more they earn, meaning that the rich get richer and everyone has an incentive to save coins instead of spending them.
- Ark is a fork of Lisk, which is doubling down on a smaller feature set than Lisk. Ark is a good BaaS, though it doesn't have many partnerships. Furthermore, they haven't launched their platform yet.
- Dragonchain: The Purpose of DragonChain is to help companies quickly and easily incorporate blockchain into their business applications. Many companies might be interested in making this transition because of the benefits associated with serving clients over a blockchain – increased efficiency and security for transactions, a reduction of costs from eliminating potential fraud and scams, etc. Dragonchain is a good BaaS, though it doesn't have many partnerships. However, it was funded by Disney, so it might be able to get partnerships more easy.
- LISK: Lisk's difference to other BaaS is that side chains are independent to the main chain and have to have their own nodes. Similar to neo whole allows dapps to deploy their blockchain too. Lisk is a good BaaS, though it doesn't have many partnerships. Furthermore, they haven't launched their platform yet.
- Stratis: Different to LISK, Stratis will allow businesses and organizations to create their own blockchain according to their own needs, but secured on the parent Stratis chain. Stratis’s simple interface will allow organizations to quickly and easily deploy and/or test blockchain functionality of the Ethereum, BitShares, BitCoin, Lisk and Stratis environements.Stratis is similar to Lisk, but also doesn't have many partnerships
- ARDR: Ardor is a public blockchain platform that will allow people to utilize the blockchain technology of Nxt through the use of child chains. A child chain, which is a ‘light’ blockchain that can be customized to a certain extent, is designed to allow easy self-deploy for your own blockchain. Nxt claims that users will "not need to worry" about security, as that part is now handled by the main chain (Ardor). This is the chief innovation of Ardor. Ardor was evolved from NXT by the same company. NEM started as a NXT clone.
- Bytom: Bytom is an interactive protocol of multiple financial assets ( digital currency, digital assets warrants, securities, dividends, bonds, intelligence information, forecasting information and other information that exist in the physical world) can be registered, exchanged, gambled and engaged in other more complicated and contract-based interoperations via Bytom.
There are really only 2 platforms in the Liquidity market, albeit the Liquidity market could be one of the biggest markets with insitutional investors entering the cryptoworld soon, since there is very little liquidity in Bitcoin. For example, say a pension fund wants to buy or sell $10B in Bitcoins. No single exchange has that many Bitcoins available and it would wreak havoc on the market. This wouldn't be a problem with Liquidity platforms, since they pull all order books together and back up market liquidity with FIAT money among other things.
- QASH is used to fuel its liquid platform which will be an exchange that will distribute their liquidity pool. Its product, the Worldbook is a multi-exchange order book that matches crypto to crypto, and crypto to fiat and the reverse across all currencies. E.g., someone is selling Bitcoin is USD on exchange1 not owned by Quoine and someone is buying Bitcoin in EURO on exchange 2 not owned by Quoine. If the forex conversions and crypto conversions match then the trade will go through and the Worldbook will match it, it'll make the sale and the purchase on either exchange and each user will get what they wanted, which means exchanges with lower liquidity if they join the Worldbook will be able to fill orders and take trade fees they otherwise would miss out on.They turned it on to test it a few months ago for an hour or so and their exchange was the top exchange in the world by 4x volume for the day because all Worldbook trades ran through it. Binance wants BNB to be used on their one exchange. Qash wants their QASH token embedded in all of their partners. More info here https://www.reddit.com/CryptoCurrency/comments/8a8lnwhich_are_your_top_5_favourite_coins_out_of_the/dwyjcbb/?context=3Qash is doing something completely different as the above mentioned. It offers liquidity in an illiquid market. Sell shovels during a gold rush.
- Loopring is similar to Qash, only that it functions as a dezentralized exchange, while QASH is more of an API without a user interface. It is a protocol that will enable higher liquidity between exchanges and personal wallets by pooling all orders sent to its network and fill these orders through the order books of multiple exchanges. When using Loopring, traders never have to deposit funds into an exchange to begin trading. Even with decentralized exchanges like Ether Delta, IDex, or Bitshares, you’d have to deposit your funds onto the platform, usually via an Ethereum smart contract. But with Loopring, funds always remain in user wallets and are never locked by orders. This gives you complete autonomy over your funds while trading, allowing you to cancel, trim, or increase an order before it is executed.
These are platforms that are focused on a specialized functionality
- Nebulas: Similar to how google indexes webpages Nebulas will index blockchain projects, smart contracts & data using the Nebulas rank algorithm that sifts & sorts the data. Developers rewarded NAS to develop & deploy on NAS chain. Nebulas calls this developer incentive protocol – basically rewards are issued based on how often dapp/contract etc. is used, the more the better the rewards and Proof of devotion. Works like DPoS except the best, most economically incentivised developers (Bookkeepers) get the forging spots. Ensuring brains stay with the project (Cross between PoI & PoS). 2,400 TPS+, DAG used to solve the inter-transaction dependencies in the PEE (Parallel Execution Environment) feature, first crypto Wallet that supports the Lightening Network.Nebulas is the only one doing what it's doing. This makes them very unique and a good investment.
- Centrality is a decentralized market place for dapps that are all connected together on a blockchain-powered system. Centrality aims to allow businesses to work together using blockchain technology. With Centrality, startups can collaborate through shared acquisition of customers, data, merchants, and content. That shared acquisition occurs across the Centrality blockchain, which hosts a number of decentralized apps called Scenes. Companies can use CENTRA tokens to purchase Scenes for their app, then leverage the power of the Centrality ecosystem to quickly scale. Some of Centrality's top dapps are, Skoot, a travel experience marketplace that consists of a virtual companion designed for free independent travelers and inbound visitors, Belong, a marketplace and an employee engagement platform that seems at helping business provide rewards for employees, Merge, a smart travel app that acts as a time management system, Ushare, a transports application that works across rental cars, public transport, taxi services, electric bikes and more. All of these dapps are able to communicate with each other and exchange data through Centrality. Centrality is the only one doing what it's doing. This makes them very unique and a good investment.
- Salt: Leveraging blockchain assets to secure cash loans. Plans to offer cash loans in traditional currencies, backed by your cryptocurrency assets. Allows lenders worldwide to skip credit checks for easier access to affordable loans.Salt is a good lending platform. However, there is also Elixir, a better investment with a 30x smaller market cap, but also strong technology. Elixir has such a low market cap, because they didn't have an ICO and they only focused on development and no marketing. As of last week, they started marketing.
- Aion: Today, there are hundreds of blockchains. In the coming years, those hundreds will become thousands and—with ,widespread adoption by mainstream business and government—millions. Blockchains don’t talk to each other at all right now, they are like the PCs of the 1980s. The Aion network is able to support custom blockchain architectures while still allowing for cross-chain interoperability by enabling users to exchange data between any Aion-compliant blockchains by making use of an interchain framework that allows for messages to be relayed between blockchains in a completely trust-free manner.
- Waves is a decentralized exchange and crowdfunding platform by letting companies and projects to issue and manage their own digital coin tokens to raise money.
- ChainLink is a decentralized oracle service, the first of its kind. Oracles are defined as an ‘agent’ that finds and verifies real-world occurrences and submits this information to a blockchain to be used in smart contracts.With ChainLink, smart contract users can use the network’s oracles to retrieve data from off-chain application program interfaces (APIs), data pools, and other resources and integrate them into the blockchain and smart contracts. Basically, ChainLink takes information that is external to blockchain applications and puts it on-chain. The difference to Aeternity is that Chainlink deploys the smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. Chainlink's main functionality is oracles, a functionality also offered by IOTA.
- QTUM: Smart Contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain. QTUM is a smart contracts for BTC, a very niche market. Furthermore, BTC might offer smart contracts itself soon and make QTUM obsolete. Hopefully QTUM will expand into more smart contracts functionality to become relevant again.
Nebulas with Indexing the Blockchain world and Salt with Lending are probably the 2 most interesting platforms here. Nebulas doesn't have a single competitor, though there are several competitors to Salt with a much smaller market cap and with similar development progress, ELIX.
There are 3 platforms that have not been discussed yet. However, they can do most what the above platforms can do and have the potential to steal the market of all above mentioned platforms. That's why I call them behemoths.
1.) Skycoin :Skycoin is building what Pied Piper is building in the series HBO's Silicon Valley, a completely decentralized internet that is not run by ISPs, but by IoT devices, making telecom providers like Comcast, ISPs who can control bandwith, cost, net neutrality, filters, access etc. obsolete and completely decentralize them. Skycoin offers what 36 coins are offering:
- 12 Scalable Currency (Bitcoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin Gold, Nano, Bitcoin Diamond, Dogecoin, Digibyte, Decred, Bitcoin Atom)
- 10 Smart Contract and Dapps platforms (Cardano, Ethereum, Neblio, EOS, Stellar, Neo, Rchain, IOST, Ziliqa, Eth classic)
- 10 BaaS (VeChain, Icon, WTC, Ontology, Komodo, NEM, Ark, Dragonchain, LISK, Stratis).
- 4 Decentralized Storage (Siacoin, Maidsafe, Gybte, Storj)
If you think that the decentralized Internet will blow all other markets out of the water and will be the biggest invention of this decade, then Skycoin is your pick, because covers that and what 27 coins do.
2.) IOTA: With the launch of Q 1 week ago, IOTA is about to offer what 27 platforms within the Top 100 are offering (!) and they are probably looking to replace several more.
- 12 Scalable Currency (Bitcoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin Gold, Nano, Bitcoin Diamond, Dogecoin, Digibyte, Decred, Bitcoin Atom.)
- 10 Smart Contract and Dapps platforms (Cardano, Ethereum, Neblio, EOS, Stellar, Neo, Rchain, IOST, Ziliqa, Eth classic)
- 2 Oracles (Aeternity, ChainLink)
- 3 Outsourced Cloud Computing (DBC, Aelf, Golem)
IOTA is at the same level as Skycoin and Elastos. However, SKY's flagship product is the Decentralized Internet and ELA's is the most comprehensive dapps operating system in the cryptosphere, which IOTA cannot really replicate in the near future, because it takes years of reseach and development. This protects ELA and SKY from IOTA for now.
However, it looks like IOTA can snatch up all the smaller, easier to replicate markets, such as cloud computing, oracles, smart contracts, decentralized storage, currency exchange and soon possibly also supply chain management, BaaS functionality, privacy, security identification since none of those are really hard to build. However, Skycoin and Elastos will probably focus on their flagships and leave IOTA to scoop up all the rest. It will be an interesting year.
3.) Elastos started out as a mobile operating system 18 years ago and has now moved towards a smart contracts platform, operating system and a runtime environment for Dapps. Thanks to side-chains they are near infinitely scalable and is thus also very decentralized. Elastos is offering what 36 coins are offering
- 12 Scalable Currency (Bitcoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin Gold, Nano, Bitcoin Diamond, Dogecoin, Digibyte, Decred, Bitcoin Atom.)
- 10 Smart Contract and Dapps platforms (Cardano, Ethereum, Neblio, EOS, Stellar, Neo, Rchain, IOST, Ziliqa, Eth classic)
- 10 BaaS (VeChain, Icon, WTC, Ontology, Komodo, NEM, Ark, Dragonchain, LISK, Stratis).
- 4 Decentralized Storage (Siacoin, Maidsafe, Gybte, Storj)
If you are very convinced that BaaS solutions and dapps platforms will be the big winners for 2018, then Elastos is your pick as far as I can see, because it is probably the best BaaS and dapps platform with near infinite scalability and the best decentralization and thus does what 32 coins do.
3 Closing Questions
All of the above findings leave me with those 3 questions. What are your thoughts?
- Why invest in any of Dapps platforms (Cardano, Neblio, EOS, Stellar, Neo, Aeternity, Rchain, IOST, Ziliqa, Ethereum, Eth classic) when Elastos and Skycoin do everything they do, are much more decentralized and scalable through side-chain/off-chain/horizontal scaling and offer lots more functionality beyond that?
- Why invest in any BaaS (Ontology, Komodo, NEM, Ark ,Dragonchain, LISK, Stratis, ARDR) if ICX and VeChain offer everything what all of the above offer and already have 10x more partnerships than their competitors?
- It looks like out of all 35 platforms, only 5 are really strong: IOTA, Skycoin, Elastos, VeChain, ICX. While the first 3 seem to cover already almost half of the top 100, the last 2 really convince in the partnership department. What's the argument for investing in any of the 30 other platforms? Maybe that they can specialise on a specific feature set, however, is this really a convincing argument? The cryptoworld is harsh and if you can't keep up with competition, you'll be moved out of the market quickly.
| || |https://pundix.com submitted by Superbit123 to PundiX [link] [comments]
Pundi X’s mission is to make buying crypto currency as easy as buying bottled water. As the Walmart and 7-Eleven of crypto currency, we want users to buy and use crypto currency anytime anywhere.
Pundi X a leading Singaporean-based blockchain company recently ranked by KPMG as one of the world’s “Emerging 50” firms that are at the forefront of innovative technologies and practices in its 2018 Fintech100 report of Leading Global Fintech Innovators.
We have a product poised for mass adoption infrastructure, where consumers can buy and sell crypto at any participating retailer and spend their crypto.
For every transaction, through the XPOS (which is a point of sales) machine, there will be a token burn coming. Token burns mean reduced supply over time. The more machines in outlets and more people using crypto means supply will decrease, therefore the demand will increase. Pundi X will not be an erc20 token for long, Pundi X is creating its own blockchain called the f(x) blockchain.
https://i.redd.it/z3mp6tfp1qi21.jpg - Instant transactions worldwide 24/7. - No monthly charges or any hidden fees. - Merchants will receive revenue back, a whopping 65% from the total transaction fee, on every single Crypto related transactions. - Consumers can readily buy/sell Crypto currencies straight from the actual XPOS device. - No Banks needed, hence serving the un-banked and the under-banked population. - Merchants can receive payment in their local fiat to avoid Crypto fluctuations. - Supports Mobile payments, NFC, QR Code and all current traditional payments. - The POS can setup your inventory, loyalty programs, ads, and print smart receipts. - Avoid high Visa/MasterCard/Credit Card fees using XPOS solutions.
- 5,500 XPOS Dispatched already to 25 countries. - Tested over a two day period in the Historical first ever crypto mass event with "Ultra Taiwan Music Festival" with 30,000 + attendees, went flawlessly, (see videos on Pundix Official YouTube Channel). - 7,000 More XPOS going out soon. - 300,000 XPASS dispatched. - 60,000 + Transactions over the XPOS. - 20 + Top Crypto Exchanges. - 45 + Events attended. - 150 + Team members. - 7 Head Offices globally.
Function X Blockchain – A game Changer:
The f(x) (short for Function X) blockchain under current test environments, each XPOS is an f(x) node
; all data from the XPOS will be fully encrypted and stored in f(x) low level IPFS. Our IPFS is one that is specially designed for XPOS, f(x) and other smart devices. The f(x) public ledger will record all transactions, and the chain deploys sharding and PBFT.
At Pundi X, we believe that open source is the way to go and to strengthen the blockchain community. We will gradually enable all of our operating system and f(x) chain’s code to be open source. It will be free for all Dapp software and hardware manufacturers to develop products for the f(x) ecosystem, hence achieving true decentralization. Let’s all work together and re-engineer a decentralized world.
10x for Speed;
Visa can run 7,000–20,000 transactions-per-second (“TPS”). Any blockchain that offers small multiples of speed improvement is unlikely to displaced a tried-and-tested system like Visa. A 10X increase means 200,000K TPS has to be achieved.
Our upcoming blockchain called Function X (fx for short), we have to make sure we are comparable if not faster, at 10X it is at least 200,000 TPS
, not just on paper, but in real application.
Sharding depends heavily on the availability of nodes. Confirmation processes increase by an order of magnitude when you increase node counts, we are already deploying the XPOS which will act as nodes.
10x for Scaling;
Scalability in a restaurant means how fast can you serve your meals, the faster you can scale, the more business you can have. Therefore, companies like McDonald’s spend a lot of effort shortening the time between ordering and checkout to serve its customers.
Scalability in blockchain is similar: it depends on the code (how fast can the burgers be flipped) and also nodes (how many cashiers can confirm the order). So whose code is the best? We will only know when proven. And what about nodes? The blockchain with the largest nodes will prevail. Currently Ethereum has the most nodes, but maybe not for long.
10x for Consensus;
And what about nodes? The blockchain with the largest nodes will prevail. Currently Ethereum has the most nodes, but maybe not for long.
With our minimum plan to roll out 100,000
XPOS in three years, we will be able to scale up transaction numbers significantly as the number of XPOS devices increases.
Can we do much more than 200,000 TPS? Let’s analyze: Sharding is a process of dividing a global network into pieces of a local network.
Each local network would then take charge of two-thirds consensus so that a particular transaction is verified in the local network and then broadcast to the global network.
Five Pillars of Function X Blockchain;
- Fx Operation System - (ROM) Android-modified blockchain-enabled operating system. Users can switch seamlessly between fx blockchain and regular everyday android mode.
- FXTP - (Web Protocol). Decentralized transmission protocol (P2P) and similar to https.
- Docker - Open Source platform for developers to build, ship, and run distributed applications (DApps).
- IPFS - Storage of various contents.
- Public Blockchain - A High performance and secure public blockchain.
More details here;
The Road ahead: https://medium.com/pundix/f-x-%EC%95%9E%EC%9C%BC%EB%A1%9C-%EA%B0%80%EC%95%BC%ED%95%A0-%EA%B8%B8-cb258f0e397c
The XPhone, and the first true blockchain phone call, we demonstrated to thousands that we had a new protocol for communication that could take blockchain beyond the world of financial transfers. The X phone is powered by Function X OS which is based off the Android OS 9.0, so there is a backward compatibility with any Android apps.
Blockchain-based calling and messaging can be toggled on and off on the phone operating system, which builds upon Android 9.0.
On the blockchain mode, the services in the XPhone can operate completely independently of centralized carriers. Users can route phone calls, messages, and data via blockchain nodes without the need for centralized service providers.
The XPhone is in fact the first mobile phone that can run completely on a decentralized ecosystem powering telephony, messaging, and data transmission. The XPhone itself significantly expands the use of blockchain technology beyond financial transfers.
Every XPhone is also a node on the network to contribute to the operation of the blockchain ecosystem. Content and connectivity are organized in a distributed, node-to-node manner. https://i.redd.it/ne3iufycqqi21.png
- Every device in the Function X ecosystem will be a node
and each will have its own address and private key, uniquely linked to their node names, not unlike traditional URL and IP addresses.
- The OS can be overlayed to any existing Android devices without any compromises and compliment as a node to the function X blockchain.
- Using a new DApp published on Function X, Zac hailed a New York City cabbie from midtown Manhattan to Central Park via a smart contract executed on Function X. The taxi order was both conducted and recorded on-chain and by-passing any ride-hailing service via XPhone.
- In the browser, you may browse the traditional Internet via HTTP or use the blockchain Internet via FXTP.
- In f(x) OS, users are able to switch seamlessly between two modes. The blockchain mode allows a user to be connected to the blockchain - everything which you do in this mode like texting, calling, taking photos, browsing, etc. will be transmitted via the blockchain. In the traditional mode, it is like any other Android phone.
- You can develop DApps for X Play Store and regular apps for Google Play Store. Note: Final design and specs are subject to change.
The FX blockchain: Giving data control back to users and creators.
“What this all means is that data control can and must be given back to users,” said Pundi X Founder and CEO Zac Cheah.
“Telecommunications and Internet companies have derived tremendous value from controlling data. By decentralizing apps, we can put this data onto a smart contract, effectively giving control back to creators and to users”.
“Much of what we call peer-to-peer or ‘decentralized’ services continue to be built upon centralized networks. We are changing that,” added Cheah.
Mobile devices as nodes;
“Scalability in blockchain is derived from the number and geographic spread of nodes. It is clear how achieving a critical mass in terms of scale will require something with a high utility for people. The XPhone thus has the potential to establish a large global pool of nodes,” said Pitt Huang, co-founder and CTO of Pundi X.
“And with Function X offering people the choice to be independent of a centralized communications network we’ve created a new use, a high and universal utility for blockchain. In turn, this will give life to a network large enough to support better scale, throughput, and new potential applications, plus true decentralization that has so far eluded blockchain.”
YouTube in-depth close up videos;
- Introduction to XPhone - Part 1 of 6
- Bringing Function X to life with the XPhone - Part 2 of 6
- Setting XPhone up as a Node - Part 3 of 6
- Using the XPhone to manage your files and browse the web - Part 4 of 6
- Blockchain-based text messaging on the XPhone - Part 5 of 6
- Blockchain Call on the XPhone - Part 6 of 6
More details here; Website; https://functionx.io https://medium.com/functionx/xphone-mwc19-new-design-and-specifications-including-the-x-button-announced-1c720b04f660
All Partnerships (so far):
Major Partners: -American Chamber of Commerce Korea,
AMCHAM is the largest foreign chamber in Korea with around 1,800 individual members from almost 900 member companies with diverse interests and substantial participation in the Korean economy.
Their partners includes, MacDonald’s, Star Bucks, Hyundai, United Airlines, Citi, Hawaiian Airlines, MetLife, Ford, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, Cisco, HUB, Nike, Oracle, Kelly, Philip Morris, Hyosung, Cigna, Kim & Change, Pfizer Korea, and many more, see link below; http://www.amchamkorea.org/?ckattempt=3
(Government UEA) Ebooc
and Pundi X will provide several other applications for consumers such as making retail payments; paying for government services, fees and fines; utilities and bills; telecommunication bills and school fees on POS devices running a stable, digital equivalent of traditional fiat currencies in the region.
The move brings our world-leading, blockchain-based XPOS technology, XPASS card and e-wallet to the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa region for the first time with Ebooc as the official partner under the terms of a strategic partnership agreement as executed.
Additional Back information about the Founder of Ebooc: Entrepreneur & Senior UAE Government Official with deep Government experience of over 20 years. From his current role as Assistant Undersecretary, Industrial Development Sector at Ministry of Economy, UAE, Abdalla has been able
to participate in policy-making and planning strategy for ministry of Economy and oversee the operations and major projects within the industrial sector.
Developing action plans and programs for the industrial sector, overall supervision of the industrial licenses issued by the ministry, General supervision of Institutions Support Department, which specializes in conducting necessary studies for the development of industrial exports.
Regulations and specifications of Foreign Affairs in coordination with stakeholders Prior to this was the CEO strategic planning & affairs at Emirates Post Group was on the Board of Directors of Wall Street Exchange Chairman of the Executive Committee ; Vice Chairman of the Emirates Marketing & Promotion Corp. Board Member of the Emirates Courier Services – Empost. https://medium.com/pundix/ann-pundi-x-technology-to-debut-in-the-gulf-and-middle-east-5b7651b4bd14
(Deal to deploy additional 20k XPOS units) A commitment to use NEM's blockchain technology to produce 20,000 of the world's first NEM-based POS terminals, called NEM XPOS.
To foster this project, we completed a private allocation totalling US $ 17 million (USD) on April 5, 2018. The fund will be used for technical integration and production of at least 20,000 XPOS NEMs over a three-year period. https://medium.com/pundix/aloca%C3%A7%C3%A3o-privada-de-17m-usd-%C3%A9-conclu%C3%ADda-para-o-nem-xpos-5a7074b39b5c
they have become an international innovator in the development of smart cards, mobile communications and blockchain (ranked 6th largest in the world). The two companies will work together on XPOS and XPASS technology development, security and market deployment, which will not only facilitate the promotion of Pundi X in Korea, but also help accelerate the layout in the global market. https://medium.com/pundix/%E9%9F%A9%E5%9B%BD%E4%B8%8A%E5%B8%82%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8ubivelox%E4%B8%8Epundi-x%E5%BB%BA%E7%AB%8B%E6%88%98%E7%95%A5%E5%90%88%E4%BD%9C%E4%BC%99%E4%BC%B4%E5%85%B3%E7%B3%BB-91f3665f0ae9
-QEX Fund SP;
At Consensus: Invest 2018 in New York, we introduced the QEX fund in partnership with Quantum Energy Asset Management (QEAM). QEAM & R.E. Lee International Capital unveil $100 million
fintech-focused hybrid fund, QEX Fund SP.
Vic has over three decades of experience in banking and securities, including as the former Chief Operating Officer, Asia Pacific, for Global Transaction Services at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, and as the former Chief Risk Officer at Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing.
“The combined expertise of QEAM, R.E. Lee International Capital and Pundi X provides a differentiated offering and a strong edge, amplifying the unique proposition of traditional finance and technological expertise in fintech and emerging innovative technologies such as blockchain,” said Mr. Tham. “It is rare to bring together a team that has decades of experience in fund management, securities, banking and also emerging fintech and blockchain technology all under one roof.”
R.E. Lee International Capital Pte. Ltd. QEX Fund SP is targeting a USD $100 million
fund size with a minimum subscription of USD $300,000
and is available to non-US accredited investors from today. For further information, please email to;
The F(x) Coin;
The f(x) ecosystem is fully decentralized. It’s designed and built to run autonomously in perpetuity without the reliance or supervision of any individual or organization.
To support this autonomous structure, f(x) Coin which is the underlying ‘currency’ within the f(x) ecosystem has to be decentralized in terms of its distribution, allocation, control, circulation and the way it’s being generated.
Broadly, there are four main participants in the f(x) ecosystem, as shown above:
- Consumer: Users enjoy the decentralized service provided by the f(x) ecosystem.
- Infrastructure Service Provider: Providing infrastructure service like the ones provided by mobile carrier, Amazon AWS but in a decentralized way.
- Developer: Building DApp upon f(x) network like Uber, AirBnb, Alibaba.
- Financial Service Provider: Providing liquidity of f(x) coin like NASDAQ, Morgan Stanley.
Infrastructure service provider, Developer and Financial service provider contribute the seamless operation and service shall generate the positive circulation, innovation and value flow to the f(x) ecosystem.
The value flow of the Function X ecosystem;
- Infrastructure service provider can offer the service, such as Blockchain, FXTP, DDocker and IPFS to earn f(x) Coin.
- Developer can build applications upon f(x) OS to earn f(x) Coin and at the same time they need to pay for the infrastructure service.
- Consumer enjoys the service and pays for the service in f(x) Coin.
- Developer and infrastructure service provider shall earn f(x) Coin in return by providing their service and they can liquidate it through the financial service provider to earn some profit.
Together, these four participants will create a positive value flow. More service providers will enhance the quality of service and attract more consumers. More consumers will bring more value to the ecosystem by attracting more service providers,and creating f(x) Coin liquidity.
Deep liquidity of f(x) Coin will attract more financial service providers to enhance the stability and quality of liquidity. This will attract more service providers to the ecosystem.
Utility of f(x) Coin;
f(x) Coin is the native ‘currency’ of the Function X blockchain and ecosystem. Services rendered in the ecosystem will be transacted with the f(x) Coin. Possible scenarios include:
- For service providers: To get paid by developers, companies and consumers for providing storage nodes, DDocker and speeding up of network connections. The role of service providers will described in other sections.
- For consumers: To pay service fees for using DApps, nodes, network resources, storage solutions and other services within the f(x) ecosystem.
- For developers: To pay for services and resources rendered in the ecosystem such as smart contract creation, file storage (paid to IPFS service provider), code hosting (paid to DDocker service provider), advertisements (paid to other developers) and others. To get paid by the enterprises or organizations which require the developer’s service.
- For enterprises or organizations: To pay for service fees, developer fees and advertisements. Services provided to consumers will be charged and denominated in f(x) Coin.
- For phone and hardware manufacturers: To pay for the Function X Operating System customization. Note: we plan to only build a few thousands of the XPhone flagship handsets and leave the rest to third-party manufacturers to build more using our operating system.
- For financial institutions: to receive payment for financial services rendered for the ecosystem.
- Many more future scenarios.
Hence f(x) Coin can be used as ‘currency’ for the below services,
- In-app purchases
- Blockchain calls
- Smart contract creations
- Transaction fees
- Hosting fees
Updated fx article: https://medium.com/functionx/f-x-ecosystem-and-tokenomics-explained-ee026ce6815
Visa, MasterCard, Apple Pay, Samsung, American Express, BNB, LTC, XVG, NPXS, E2Pay.co.Id, Alipay, M-bayar, Go Pay, WeChat, Xpos Consortium, Ubivelox, XPOT and many more. Distributors;
Manticora Capital, Bit Captial, Ubivelox, BlockPay and more to follow. Blockchain;
NEM, UTrust, GGOX, Verime, Wanchain, Stella, Genaro Network. More to follow.
Why Pundi XPOS;
Pundi XPOS not only facilitates cryptocurrency payment or transactions but also accepts transactions through mobile wallets and traditional bank cards.
Our POS solution can support retail intelligence, inventory management, order management, marketing and loyalty programs. Pundi XPOS device is an all-in-one solution for retailers. https://i.redd.it/qj6sbsfaeqi21.jpg
· Accept cryptocurrency as payment
· Intelligence clearing system to increase the value of the store properties
· Selling and buying crypto currencies
· Support BTC, ETH, NPXS, BNB, XEM, QTUM, XVG, ACT, LTC, DGD, XLM and more crypto currencies.
· Support cryptocurrency payment card, such as Pundi XPASS card.
· Support mobile payment apps, such as Alipay, Visa, Mastercard, ApplePay, E2Pay, Go-Pay, Pundi-Pundi, and WeChat Pay.
· Support cryptocurrency wallet payment, such as Qbao, X Wallet, Nem Wallet and more.
· Establish credit history and reduce financial risks
· Provide a gateway for financial service providers
· Support loyalty / membership management system
· Support promotional and NPXS reward system
· Support 3rd party delivery and logistic service providers
- Instant Transactions - XPOS transactions happen instantly at less than 0.5 seconds. No delays. Just pay and go.
- Fiat Settlement without Volatility - To avoid any volatility risk, merchants will receive their settlement in fiat money.
- Work Easily With XPASS & XWallet - The XPASS card is an easy-to-use tap card for crypto beginners. Top it up with your preferred cryptocurrency and pay with ease. You can also pair your XPASS card onto the XWallet mobile app and use it with the XPOS.
- Support Multiple Cryptocurrencies - The XPOS is cryptocurrency-neutral, so you can transact with your favorite coins or tokens like BTC, ETH, BNB, NPXS, etc.
- Buy Cryptocurrency With Ease - In addition to making payment, customers can purchase cryptocurrency like Bitcoin from the XPOS with ease. The experience is as easy as buying a cup of coffee.
- Merchants get back 0.65% of the total fee for every crypto transactions.
Please see the Medium
reports for more details on all developments to date: https://medium.com/@PundiXLabs
XPOS Order Form; https://goo.gl/forms/yxSRHlK99h3xHF3N2 XPASS Card Order Form; https://forms.monday.com/forms/088c80c8f7e4f1ba13816312097ddcd3
The XWallet mobile app connects regular digital asset wallets with the Pundi X payment ecosystem. It allows users to easily make payments in physical stores via the XPOS & e-commerce
using our "Collect" feature of the app.
The XWallet can also be paired with the XPASS, making it a digital payment app that can be used anytime, anywhere. To download App for Android or ISO see below and to see a built-in guide for merchants and users guide are within the actual XWallet App or here: https://xwallet.pundix.com/
Merchants Collect Feature (e-commerce);
Submit an XWallet Merchant application via the app and once the application gets approved, then your “Collect” page would be marked with “Pundi X verified merchant”. 2.
You can open the XWallet app, then show the QR code on “Collect” page for customers to scan and pay; 3.
You can also tap “Save” on “Collect” page to download your QR code as a picture, print it out, and place it by the checkstand for customers to scan and pay. This would be a more convenient way to collect payments. 4.
Collected cryptocurrency assets would go directly to the XWallet Merchant’s Virtual Card account.
My actual QR code, scan to see UI on XWallet.
This is a powerful tool for e-commerce's to upload their QR Code on websites payout section. Sending any supported currencies on the X Wallet is accepted by one single QR Code, such as the above.
You can easily manage your digital assets, check your current balance, or top-up in the XWallet. By default, each user will have a virtual XPASS card in the app. You can also pair your XWallet with your Pundi XPASS card to make payments directly from the app when needed.
If you lose the XPASS card, you can transfer all your tokens from the XPASS card to the XWallet app or to another XPASS card.
Instant Payments Online or Offline;
Transactions via an internet-connected XWallet or XPASS can be processed immediately, while offline transactions can be made by scanning the QR code, which will later be uploaded onto the blockchain. The XWallet, in short, keeps up with your busy lifestyle.
How to top up your XWallet from other wallets;
- Select the ‘Card’ icon and choose the virtual card.
- Select the type of currency you want to top up.
- Tap on the ‘Receive’ icon and choose ‘View address’.
- Copy the top-up address or scan the QR code.
- On your other wallet, choose the correct type of cryptocurrency and insert the XWallet top-up address to make the transfer.
(Note: The speed of transferring tokens from other wallets to the XWallet app varies, depending on their relevant blockchain network conditions. To make instant payment transaction at any XPOS merchant, we recommend users top up their XWallet account from other wallets at least 6 hours before using the app.).
XPASS Card Order; https://forms.monday.com/forms/088c80c8f7e4f1ba13816312097ddcd3
Burning of NPXS;
A quick summary of Pundi X token’s utility on each and every transaction:
- A bit of it is burnt for every crypto related transaction that happens in through our XPOS.
- The token is used to list other tokens in our XPOS, for example, QTUM paid us a sum of NPXS to be listed later in our XPOS, and this will include future coins that will be listed in our XPOS.
- Loyalty programs are made & paid with NPXS.
- Ads that run through our XPOS are also paid in NPXS.
- Future products will be paid with NPXS.
- Claim goods and services from merchants.
The XPOS is comprised of two parts, the consumer and merchant.
The Point of Sale device (XPOS);
For the merchants;
- You get 1% extra as a fee. You can set it up from 0-3%, but we recommend 1% fee.
- You can sell crypto again with that 1% fee.
- You can sell the XPASS cards.
- The POS can setup your inventory, loyalty programs, ads, and print smart receipts.
- You can accept crypto, again the 1% fee.
- You will be one of the first to change how the world uses crypto.
For the XPASS holders;
- They can liquidate their crypto assets through our merchants, hassle free.
- They get a special discount.
- If you lose the XPASS black card, we are able to recover it (as long as you have the security card).
To better comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements, our legal team
has advised the company to release the remaining unlocked tokens, starting from April 1, 2019, and to complete the program early by the end of June, 2019. Given the shortened period, we will increase the unlocked-token rate over the next three months. Please note that the total distributed amount of the tokens will remain the same as stated in the whitepaper.
You need to hold your NPXS or NPXSXEM on supported exchanges or wallets such as XWallet, Binance, Imtoken or in any ERC20 wallets that you control your private key.
Snapshots will be done on a daily
basis and at random times
for the next 3 months
The unlocked tokens are calculated on your total tokens held, which are then distributed. Program schedule below;
Starts: 00:00:00 GMT+8 on March 1, 2019 Ends: 23:59:59 GMT+8 on May 31, 2019 Unlocked token rate per month: 11.063%
You need to hold the whole month to receive the full %. If you hold less days, you will receive less %.
We recommend you to use an ERC20 wallet that you control your private key, because Binance for example uses their own system, so if they do their calculations wrong, it wont be Pundi X's fault. Supported wallets and exchanges below:
BinanceOkcoinkrBittrex InternationalHotbit - npxsxem tokens supportedWazirXUpbit Wallets;
Xwallet - npxsxem tokens supportedCoinmiEthosImtokenTrust walletEnjinEidooExodus Web Wallets;
MyEtherWalletMetaMaskMistParityGeth LedgerXwallet Web - npxsxem tokens supported Hardware Wallets;
Ledger Nano S
The formula to calculate the base of your NPXS/NPXSXEM monthly holdings is the same as previous months but the rate is adjusted:
[(The average of the daily lowest NPXS amount of the month X 10%) + (the daily average NPXS amount of the month X 90%)] X 11.063%
This will be a new option in addition to transferring NPXS / NPXSXEM into the XWallet.
The Team is working hard to enable the private wallet option before March 10
, the day of this "OPTIONAL" staking process kicking off.
We will do this by having holders “register” their own ERC20 or NEM wallet public address, in XWallet so that we can properly track the holdings of NPXS / NPXSXEM in those wallets to enable decentralized staking", allowing you to get the fx coins in the Xwallet,
whilst getting your normal unlocks where you're getting them now. Nano S will be supported as well.
Case study of fees;
▪ 100% of Pundi X’s revenue that is generated through transactions on the XPOS will be removed permanently from our NPXS token circulation (and that's called token burn). This means that if Pundi X makes $1 of revenue from a transaction, they will take $1 worth of NPXS out of circulation permanently. NPXS tokens taken out of circulation will never be able to re-enter the circulation in any way as they will no longer exist.
▪ if the transaction is made in Pundi X tokens, we will take the tokens immediately out of the total supply. If the transaction is made in other tokens or fiat, we will use the proceeds to buyback NPXS, after which we will permanently remove the NPXS tokens from circulation and ensure they can never re-enter circulation.
▪ In case of a fiat to crypto transaction (including a payment with mastercard/visa) NPXS will be also burned.
▪ Case study 1: a user buys $1,000 worth of crypto from a merchant in a store using Pundi XPASS card. The total charge a user has to pay is $1,010; $1,000 for the crypto and $10 for the service fees. Of the $10 received, $6.50 is paid to the shop merchant for rendering this service. $3.50 is paid to Pundi X for providing XPOS (switch) and XPASS (Issuer) service.
Please also read the white paper which can be found on the official webpage: https://pundix.com/
A detailed simple guide for Pundi X in Spanish language
: https://twitter.com/PundiXLabs Telegram
: https://t.me/Pundix Facebook
: https://www.facebook.com/pundixlabs/?_rdc=1&_rdr LinkedIn
Looking back in recent history, it seems as though big investors and financial organizations are changing their attitudes towards Bitcoin and altcoins. The media coverage worldwide illuminated the vast returns being had in the cryptocurrency markets, with many coins up over 100x since their conception. This certainly has garnered the attention from both legacy and newcomer investors. Currently, everyone is waiting to see if cryptocurrencies can continue on their path to new all time highs.
2017 turned out to be a whirlwind year, with most cryptocurrencies soaring to new all time highs at the end of 2017 and early 2018. The media coverage of cryptocurrencies was nonstop, with news reports on financial programs almost daily. In addition, many movies and tv shows mentioned cryptocurrency, including the technology oriented show “Silicon Valley.” So far, 2018 has seen a vast pullback in the cryptocurrency markets. Many of the smaller altcoins are down over 90% with Bitcoin, the crypto leader, still being down over 60% from all time highs. Even with the overall market pullback, many investors are still very bullish on cryptocurrencies going into 2019. Many big name institutions are jumping head first into crypto, with NYSE announcing a new crypto exchange, BAAKT. Also Fidelity has announced a crypto support platform for their customers. Even legendary Ivy league university Yale has announced a new 400 million dollar investment fund geared towards cryptocurrency.
With so much bullish news adding up rapidly, almost everyone seems to expect a very profitable year for crypto leading into 2019. While Bitcoin is still currently the market leader there are also some big name altcoins that expect 2019 to be a huge year for them. The Altcoin Hierarchy Before investing in the crypto market, let us go through the basic classes of cryptocurrencies that exist in the market. While every class has the potential to have impressive returns, some coins have more impressive use cases and concepts, In addition to more qualified and funded development teams. Simply put, not all altcoins were created the same. The Penny Stocks of Crypto
These are the bottom tier altcoins that could possibly become worthless in the near future. They operate much like penny stocks, advertising big promises of ‘guaranteed gains’. Eventually, many fail to offer a fraction of their promised returns. One of the ways to identify these is to look at their team members, their past experiences, objectives of the project, probability of mass adoption, actual use of the coins and many more.
The reasons for their failure is usually because of unwillingness to work for the vision they once promised in the first place, bad wealth management, inclusion of scammers in their team, unrealistic expectation from the project and also making money via pump and dump schemes.
Some of these coins are Trumpcoin, Russia Coin and Verge. Average Coins
According to the ‘coinmarketcap’ website, there are currently more than 2000 cryptocurrencies listed on their website. Among those, there are around 500 of them that can be considered in this ‘average’ category.
These are the coins that do have a purpose/objective to work on but fail to maintain a good development team. They and their coins don’t really have any kind of purpose in the crypto market and fail to finalize any kind of legitimate deals and partnerships with good investors. This makes their performance very limited as compared to other altcoins in the market.
Some of these coins are Deep Brain Chain, Funfair, Decred, Navcoin, Populous, Cryptonex. Good Coins
There are around 500 of such good coins in the market that do offer a good objective for the project, a solid team with good experience to execute such tasks, a good marketing strategy to reach out to masses to share their ideas and quality contacts to make some good partnerships in the market.
The only reason why they are only classified as ‘good coins’ is due to the lack of uniqueness that the other ‘very good coins’ offer. They don’t really have that ‘point of parity’ in their project/product that separates them from their counterparts.
Some of these coins are NEM, Stratis, Monero, and BAT. Very Good Coins
There are around 100 such ‘very good coins’ in the market. Their objectives are well defined with a solid team to execute their tasks perfectly. Along with that, their marketing teams are also well-qualified to make their ideas reach to the masses. Because of such a wonderful blend, they are able to make better and strong partnerships with a number of good companies.
What separates them from the ‘Good Coins’ category is their USPs (Unique Selling Points). They are unique in what they do and that’s what makes the difference.
Such coins are NEO, Stellar, Cardano, Ripple Top Tier Cryptocurrencies
These are the top tier coins that provide the best functionalities. They have real-world usage, objectives to solve a real-world problem, strong fundamental teams to execute the mission of the project, marketing teams to spread the ‘idea’ and collaboration with a number of media channels to gain early investors.
Also, due to a good PR team, they are able to make a very strong partnership with a lot of Fortune 500 companies that give them an extra edge over rest of the projects in the market.
Some of these coins are VeChain, Ethereum, Bitcoin, IOTA, Icon, EOS, Kinesis. Promising Projects Going Into the New Year
With more than 2000 cryptocurrencies out there in the crypto market, only a couple 100 of them qualify to be a top tier investment. It can be quite the challenge to find a worthy project among the thousands of choices. These next projects are some that show a lot of promise heading into 2019.
Always remember the 3’S’ of the investment – Sane, Smart and Sensible. An investor who is sane, smart and sensible will always look into the facts before he invests in any business or project. Kinesis
This is one of the most promising upcoming projects in crypto. The broad overview of the coin is to offer an alternate and better evolutionary step beyond the basic monetary and banking system available today.
In short, it is a cryptocurrency that is backed by precious metals like gold and silver. According to the CEO of the company, Thomas Coughlin, the Kinesis coin is basically divisible units of allocated gold and silver which you can use as a currency.
There will be two stable Kinesis coins in the market backed by Gold and Silver. The stable Kinesis coins backed by Gold will be tagged as KAU and the stable Kinesis coins backed by Silver will be tagged as KAG.
These stablecoins backed by the precious metals like Gold and Silver are real game changers as these 2 precious metals are definable stores of value for use in trade and investment in the real-world economies.
The Kinesis coin is based on the Bespoke Blockchain Technology, a blockchain network forked off from the Stellar Blockchain Technology in order to suit the requirements of the Kinesis coin.
The cryptocurrency project is headed by Thomas Coughlin who is also the CEO of the Kinesis company. He has 15 years experience in the investment, funds management and capital markets. Before being the CEO of the Kinesis company, he held similar positions for the Bullion Capital and TRAC Financial Group as well.
Apart from Thomas Coughlin, there are other great members in the team as well. Their team consists of people like:
Michael Coughlin, Chief Financial Officer, having 41 years experience as a CPA in the accountancy and financial services professions.
Eric Maine, Chief Strategy Officer, having more than 30 years experience in Senior Management in the exchange and financial markets.
Ryan Case, Head of Sales & Trading in Kinesis, having extensive experience as Head of sales trading & partnership and also valuable experience in commodity, cryptocurrency, forex and derivative markets.
Jai Bifulco, Chief Marketing Officer, having a full-fledged 12 years of experience in award-winning full-stack marketer in Finance. He previously held roles of directors in multiple brokerages, consulting and Fintech sectors.
There are more than 30 different team members in this project spanning their roles from The Executive Committee to the Advisory Board to the Operations and Development team.
The coins are very limited in number as compared to other cryptocurrencies where the softcap is limited to just 15,000 KVT coins and HardCap is limited to 300,000 KVT coins. Minimum token that one can buy is set to 1 KVT which is equal to $1000.
So far, more than 57,000 KVT tokens have been sold which roughly equals to a whopping sum of $57 Million. With such a huge investment already deployed for the development of the project, there are still 30 more days left for the ICO sale period to end.
Also, apart from the investments gained, the Kinesis cryptocurrency is also focusing much on the partnerships with the top companies in the industry. These include companies like ABX (Allocated Bullion Exchange), MLG (Blockchain Consulting), Sigma Prime, Etherlabs and Fine Metal Asia Limited.
This cryptocurrency is certainly the one to watch out for in 2019. VeChain
Broad Overview – In simple layman terminology, Vechain is a supply chain protocol to track logistics inventory. It has successfully implemented blockchain technology in various sectors like agriculture and industries like luxury goods and liquor.
They basically strive to solve real-life problems by providing solutions in various industries like:
Logistics: In this sector, VeChain implements the blockchain technology to improve the flow of information from one department to another by breaking silos yet maintaining the data privacy of every department. Government: There are more than 111 VeChain nodes deployed worldwide. The municipal governments participate in the VeChain blockchain network as nodes. The VeChain blockchain network offers decentralization and immunity against the data hacking that allows room for transparent information exchange. This indeed improves the efficiency of the municipal governments. The technologies used to track the logistics are:
Assigning digital identities to physical stocks that can be stored on the VeChain blockchain network Usage of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) NFC (Near Field Communication) Proof Of Authority Consensus In-House Temperature Controlled Tracking Quick Response Codes (QR Codes) The future potential of the VeChain cryptocurrency looks quite promising as the coin is signing new partnerships every month or so. Some of its partners are PricewaterhouseCoopers, DNV GL, Renault Group, KUEHNE + NAGEL, D.I.G, China Unicom and the State Tobacco Monopoly Administration of China.
Every single company with whom VeChain partnered has millions of customers that will use the VeChain technology embedded in their system. This makes the coin solve real-life problems and have mass adoption.
VeChain indeed makes a big difference in the logistics business. However, given the kind of turmoil that the entire cryptomarket is facing where the total market capitalization has fallen from $800 Billion to just around $200 Billion, no one can give any kind of assurance on the returns in your investment in the crypto assets. However, stablecoins like Kinesis has a reward yield system that incentivizes its investors for holding, depositing and also referring new users. Hence, the investors always stay on the benefit side even if the market collapses for a short duration. IOTA
In simple terms, IOTA is a cryptocurrency which is designed for the Internet of Things. The cryptocurrency was developed to root a new direction to IoT by establishing a standardization called, ‘Ledger of Everything’ which means that the data exchange between sensor-equipped machines would be enabled to populate IoT.
IOTA has the potential to make transactions easy. A basic use case of IOTA can be seen in IOTA enabled vending machines. These machines can dispense the items without involving the associated transaction costs. Some other use cases of IOTA are Reddit Chains etc.
Technology Behind IOTA Surprisingly, IOTA does not use the traditional Blockchain technology for its design and development. In fact, a new platform called ‘Tangle Technology’ is being used for IOTA to operate on. The Tangle Technology deploys a mathematical concept called Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAG) which resolves both the scalability and transaction fees issues which we face in blockchain based cryptocurrencies.
In IOTA, for a transaction to be valid, each node present in DAG Tangle must approve the previous two transactions occurring at the other node. And adding to a note, this process removes the chances of mining and makes the system fully decentralized.
Future Potential Keeping in mind the remarkable result of IOTA, there exists a promising scope for it in the near future in various applications and platforms. IOTA would be standing tall and different in the future world full of cryptocurrencies vulnerable to quantum computers. IOTA has a lot of companies that it is working with. Some of them include Bosch, Volkswagen,Fujitsu, Accenture, Poyry and many more.
When viewed from a macro perspective, so far IOTA looks to be fee-less, scalable and fast which makes it next to perfect. However, if you own IOTA, the chances of you liquidating it into fiat currency via a ‘debit card’ and buying something from a grocery store is quite low. In order to fill this gap of actually buying something from the street market and becoming the global currency, Kinesis has introduced its Kinesis Debit Cards that enables the Kinesis token holders to exchange their tokens against FIAT currency and simultaneously buy products from a grocery shop, something which IOTA fails to offer. ICON ICX
Broad Overview: ICON is a South Korean based company that develops blockchain technology and accompanies the cryptocurrency called ‘ICX’. ICON is a network framework which has been designed to allow independent blockchains to interact with each other. It allows interconnected blockchain networks to participate in a decentralized system which converges at a central point.
Technology: ICX token is built on the Ethereum blockchain network. ICON has developed a loop-chain platform that connects different blockchain communities through the ICON Republic which serves as the governing head for the Federation of other independent blockchain bodies.
All the communities are linked to Republic through C-Reps (Community Representatives) which then connects to Nexus. C-Reps functions as the portals to the communities to establish a connection with Nexus. And this way the entire procedure is carried out.
Future Scope: It is believed that ICON has plans to provide platforms to financial, security, insurance, healthcare, educational industries which can help them to carry transactions on a single network. Thus, ICON (ICX) can be seen having a good time in the coming days.
Also, it has been successful in signing a partnership deal with the tech-giant Samsung where it will be using ICON’s own Chain ID for a new Samsung project called ‘Samsung Pass’. Apart from Samsung, ICON has also signed deals with PORTAL NETWORK & W Foundation.
However, it is notable that ICON is built on the Ethereum network and is an ERC20 token. Hence, the transaction speed greatly depends on the Ethereum network. Currently, Ethereum can execute 15 transactions per second which is quite low in terms of what ICON (ICX) is currently aiming for. However, to fill this gap, we have Kinesis Bespoke Technology that offers a whopping speed of 3000 transactions per second. This lightning fast speed keeps the Kinesis token way ahead than ICX token. Enjin
Broad Overview The native cryptocurrency of the Enjin Network, the Enjin Coin (popularly known as only ENJ) follows the ERC20 token standard and is used with a smart contract-based blockchain platform. Its typical users include content creators, game developers, and other members of the gaming community, who need to use virtual tokens to manage and trade virtual goods in the gaming world.
Technology behind Enjin As an ERC20-compliant token, the ENJ functions in accordance with the rules an Ethereum contract has to implement. It is used on a dedicated platform that is designed to support open-source software development kits (SDKs), applications, plug-ins, and payment gateways. As for its users, they will be able to efficiently participate in developing, launching, managing, and trade content and game-related products on the Enjin Network, without having to deal with the technical complexities.
Summary of Potential The ENJ is expected to solve some performance issues in using similar cryptocurrencies on the market today, including payment frauds where goods are not actually delivered, slow transaction processes, lack of ownership of virtual goods, lack of transaction standards, and centralization problems.
According to its creators, the ENJ coin, which is based on a blockchain, will create a distributed, trustworthy, and secure framework where transactions can be executed smoothly and quickly with minimal transaction fees. Its autonomous and decentralized system will ensure that all offers and deals will be honored.
Conclusion Generally speaking, the Enjin Coin is good. It helps bring the benefits of blockchain to millions of people participating in the virtual goods market. Its creators are working hard to prevent fraud in the gaming world.
However, it is still a relatively new project. As such, it is still volatile. This means that you still have to take utmost care and be wise when using it. EOS
Broad Overview EOS is considered by many people who are participating in the virtual goods market as one of the best cryptocurrencies to use, supported by a powerful infrastructure for decentralized applications. Basically, the EOS blockchain is used for the development, execution, and hosting of decentralized applications (dApps) that are traded virtually.
Technology behind EOS The EOS system is composed of two key components, which are the EOS.IO and the EOS token. As for the former, it functions like a computer’s operating system in managing and controlling the EOS blockchain, with the use of an architecture that enables horizontal and vertical dApps. As for the latter, it is held (instead of spent) by the users to be able to become eligible of building, running, and trading apps, as well as using EOS network resources.
While EOS still does not have an official full form, it supports all core functionalities to allow individuals and businesses to create and trade blockchain-based apps.
It also runs on a web toolkit for interface development, just like Apple’s App Store and Google Play Store.
Summary of Potential While there are already a lot of cryptocurrencies based on Ethereum similar to it, the EOS system focuses on the critical and problematic points of the blockchain. Specifically, it attempts to solve the problems of scalability, speed, and flexibility that often cause transaction processes to slow down, which is a common issue in blockchain-based systems.
According to its creators, EOS.IO could also address other problems that come with the ever-increasing size of the dApps ecosystem, such as limited availability of resources, constrained networks, spamming, false transactions, and limited computing power.
It is said to be able to support thousands of commercial-scale dApps without hitting performance bottlenecks by using asynchronous communication methodologies and parallel execution across its network.
Conclusion The EOS system is very advanced. It is designed to address common problems with standard blockchain-based networks. But like other new cryptocurrency platforms on the virtual market today, it still has some weak points to improve. Also, there is again the exposure to volatility, as users hold the tokens to be eligible to trade virtually. Nebulas
Broad overview Nebulas (NAS) is a new generation blockchain and is open for public collaborations for decentralized application (dApp) development. Its adaptability and scalability are the two characteristics that could propel NAS to be one of the top cryptocurrencies, thus giving it enough leverage to compete in the market.
Technology behind Nebulas Nebulas is the first crypto running on a 3rd generation blockchain, thus making it the dominant player of the new platform. This makes Nebulas highly flexible and scalable, even giving a good leverage in future-proofing their code. That could help avoid hard forking whenever some issues come up during scaling processes.
Summary of potential Adaptability, scalability and search-ability are three of the biggest potential NAS has to offer. With the 3rd generation blockchain it uses, it can allow the adaption of other codes based from Nebulas. This means that other cryptos can adapt to its platform soon enough.
Moreover, it can also act as a blockchain search engine. This can let users search particular blockchains based on efficiency and community strength.
Finally, its goal to provide fair incentives to Decentralized Application (dApp) developers is something that collaborators could expect. This means that more developers are expected to come, thus strengthening NAS even further.
Conclusion Nebulas (NAS) is a promising crypto especially with its adaptability, scalability and search-ability potentials. It can help with the fluidity of crypto into this new generation platform. However, it still lacks the value stability that Kinesis or stablecoins hold. NAS is still unpredictable, unlike Kinesis that backs it value with real gold. Sky
Broad overview SkyCoin is a full environment system of blockchain technology, and has the goal of endorsing the actual usage of cryptocurrency.
Technology behind Sky Sky has its own algorithm, the Obelisk, which uses the web of trust dynamics to spread influence all throughout the network to come up with a consensus decision. The consensus decision depends on each node, by valuing its influence score. The influence score of each node is determined by the number of network nodes connected to it. This depicts the importance of the node to the network.
Aside from the Obelisk, Sky also operates its own cryptocurrency which is SkyCoin, its own ICO platform Fiber, a decentralized social media platform called BBS, and a decentralized messenger called Sky-Messenger.
Summary of potential Sky focuses its potential on being a full ecosystem of blockchain technology that encourages actual usage of crypto. Through its unique algorithm which is the Obelisk and some other dApps associated with it, Sky is a promising crypto technology and could be considered as the most complete one as of today.
Conclusion Sky, SkyCoin and the Obelisk is definitely a massive platform that could be considered as a full ecosystem of crypto and its related technology. Nonetheless, the SkyCoin depends its value on node influence scores, which could change from time to time as well. This makes Kinesis and Stablecoins still a better choice, especially for investors who want clear investments without hassle. Crypto Predictions for 2019
While 2017 had the masses captivated and investing large amounts of capital, 2018 has seen price drops and sagging hopes. While the returns in 2017 exceeded anyone’s expectations, a strong pullback was predicted by many. Whether or not this bear market continues from here is the real question many investors face today.
Bitcoin’s rapid rise and fall exposed many problems, and the developers of the top cryptocurrencies in 2019 took note. When considering your crypto investments for 2019, factor in the following trends we predict will influence investments:
More Pullbacks According to the CEO of Vellum Capital, Eric Kovalak, the price of cryptos will reach new lows before they will rebound to new heights. This includes the biggest cryptocurrencies in the market, including Bitcoin. Kovalak believes that it will be priced below $3,500 before it will find its way back up. However, there are many mixed opinions on the current price of BTC, with some arguing the bottom for the crypto markets have already been seen.
Due to Bitcoin-based remittances, uncertainty in global economies like Asia, Turkey and Venezuela, and mobile penetration, there will be a surge in interest and the price of the digital currency. A Flood of Institutional Investors
Institutional investors have been waiting on the sideline for the ETF to rule in favor of Bitcoin. According to Mike Novogratz, CEO of Galaxy Capital, once the ETF arrives, “institutional fomo’ will start flooding the market.”
Another factor is Kinesis, the investment blockchain that provides investors with a safe and reliable alternative. Pegged against precious metals, it provides protection against volatility that may be caused by political instability.
The Kinesis Monetary System lets you own real gold or silver when you purchase the digital currency. Your ownership is then digitized and then made available for spending, trading, and transfer. What is even better, the monetary system can be used internationally, ensuring reliability of money around the world.
With the recent crisis around the Turkish Lira, the price of gold has significantly increased.
Mass adoption of crypto by consumers In January 2019, blockchain technology will be 10 years old. It remains a speculative investment to this day but 2019 could be the year of mass adoption for digital currencies.
For this to happen, however, there has to be some triggers.
Speculation should become a real utility. People must use blockchain projects in everyday life so they will gain widespread use. Decentralized applications (DApps) must gain mainstream status to promote widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies. Improved payment processing, addressing the issue on the current situation of slow transaction times and high transaction fees. Scalability of blockchain technology with little to no impact on its efficiency. To date, slow transaction times are due to the growing number of users and transaction sizes. This calls for blockchain to grow and have the ability to compete with Mastercard, PayPal, or Visa. Introduction of off-chain solutions that allow users to complete a transaction through peer-to-peer payment channel instead of within the blockchain. This will address slow transaction times. Security will be provided by the parent blockchain. Gold Is Still The Standard Despite the promises and unique functions of many cryptocurrencies, there is still uncertainty in these new markets.
Gold has remained the best form of investment throughout history, and the best store of value, especially through times of crisis in politics and economies.
Kinesis pegs its value to gold which has proven to be the safest investment in history. Therefore Kinesis stands to gain from the stability gold offers while simultaneously fusing it with the unique features of this cutting edge crypto technology.
With the Kinesis Monetary System, investing in gold is no longer the slow process that many older investors are used to. This cryptocurrency is backed by gold and silver and supports precious metals trade.
It has three essential assets.
Tokens that represent an investors ownership of gold and silver. The inherited system where performance is done. Complete blockchain security that supports investments and paves the way for the creation of new assets protected in a banking system. Most importantly, the Kinesis Monetary System allows thousands of transactions to be completed per second in a completely secure channel. The Near Future
Even a decade later, cryptocurrencies are still very much in their infancy. At this time, no one is sure what shape this growing sector will take in the future. Many cryptocurrencies will come and go but the ones that show the most promise, that fulfill their use cases, will stick around for the long term. With any emerging technology, we have to watch how it evolves and how it merges with our everyday life, changing the way we interact with everything around us.
Bitcoin miners, whose computer processors enable the running of the world's most popular virtual currency, will soon face an event that takes place every four years and alters the profitability of Simply put, bitcoin is a digital currency. No bills to print or coins to mint. It's decentralized -- there's no government, institution (like a bank) or other authority that controls it. Blockchain technology is already widely used for cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, but there's more to it than just that. Bitcoin is a virtual currency that is "mined Samsung Galaxy M31s की Bitcoin is a digital store of value, which is based on how much people are willing to pay for the currency. Around the world, Bitcoin is treated differently, according to the country. In Brazil, Europe and India, Bitcoin is called a "virtual currency". In Australia and Russia, it is a "digital currency". Bitcoin (virtual currency) coins placed on Dollar banknotes. Reuters In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, Radhakrishnan also said a committee constituted by the Department of Economic Affairs to take stock of the present status of virtual currencies in India, and globally, has submitted its report.
Moreover, by understanding the enormous utility that digital currency has to offer, beyond the likes of Bitcoin, users can learn how innovative companies, like ICOx Innovations (OTCQB: ICOX), are ... Buat temen" yang baru gabung di chanel saya ini jangan lupa tinggalkan tombol SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMENT dan sertakan no Hp temen" ↪️ Contoh : 0-8-5-2-9-3-7-2-1-7-3-6 dan jangan lupa ... Bitcoin price might be flat, however, altcoins are soaring. ChainLink continues climbing the ladder and it s ranked 8th already after another boost today towards $8.51. The Economics of Bitcoin Malavika Nair Bitcoin is a virtual currency where we can do transaction without help of third party system like banks government or any authority. As like you do transaction in Mani like Indian rupee dollar Euro